Skincare Routine for Teens to Prevent Acne
Teenagers and young adults have a common problem; acne. Breakouts are a natural part of puberty and adolescence, but they can often get menacing. They can lead to bad self-esteem and extreme self-consciousness. So, a good skincare routine can be your savior if you suffer from breakouts. It can help in controlling the production of oil on the skin, removing dirt from pores and keeping the skin moisturized and hydrated. So, here is a Skincare routine for acne-prone skin which will help you Control your Breakouts.
Understand Your Skin
Before getting into Skincare Products and processes, it is necessary to know your skin and understand it. This includes knowing what Type of Skin you have and what problems it has. The following are the skin types that you can have.
Acne also differs in how it forms on the skin. You can have the following types of acne.
● Hormonal acne – Unexpected pimples around the lower face
● Whiteheads – A pimple with a white dot in the middle
● Papules – Tiny, red-colored pimples
● Pustules – Inflamed pimples with liquid inside
● Cystic acne – Large and aggravated pimples
● Blackheads – Small, dark-colored spots that plug your pores
● Blind pimples – Small, painful bumps under the skin
Skincare Routine that teenagers should follow
It does not matter what your skin type is, because cleansing is a must. It is the first step in every skincare routine. If you have acne-prone skin, you need to cleanse twice a day to remove dirt, impurities, and excess oil that can clog your pores. Invest in a sulfate-free cleanser that will be mild on your skin.
After cleansing, you need to apply toner onto your skin to open your pores up. This will help your skin absorb the products in the next steps better. Toners are also very helpful in reducing oil content on your skin and removing spots. All you need to do is apply some toner onto cotton and dab the cotton gently all over your face. You can use astringents if your skin is not dry. However, if it is dry, go for a hydrating toner instead.
Moisturizers are very essential as they hydrate and protect your skin. Without a moisturizer, your body will produce excess oil to fill its role. So, irrespective of what skin type you have, it is very important to use this skincare product. However, if you have oily skin you can go for a milder cream.
People think that sunscreen clogs pores and results in breakouts. However, this can be blamed on the type of sunscreen you use. If you are heading out, do use sunscreen to protect your skin against sun damage. Consider using lightweight products or a moisturizer infused with SPF that will not aggravate your skin.
Use your pimple creams only at night. Make sure that your acne medication includes spot treatment that is sure to reduce your breakouts. However, do not use too many products as this will dry your skin up.
Treating Acne Naturally
One key anti-pimple product that is natural and skin-healthy is neem. A lot of alternative medicines use this ingredient to promote clear skin. A few benefits of neem include the following.
● Neem helps in fighting acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It cools down the skin and decreases the chance of breakouts.
● Its anti-bacterial properties help in fighting blackheads and whiteheads.
● Its exfoliating properties can help in unclogging pores and removing dirt and impurities from the skin.
● Neem Removes Dark Spots and blemishes and leaves the skin more evenly toned.
● Its anti-microbial properties help in preventing any form of skin infection.
● Drink plenty of water.
● Remove your makeup without fail before going to bed.
● Exercise regularly.
● Reduce stressors in your life.
● Eat healthy foods.
● Change your pillowcases regularly.
The Indie Earth Nimbadi range is exclusively formulated to treat and prevent acne. In addition to the key ingredient Neem, these products also contain Aloe Vera Extract, Basil Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Leaf Extract and many more herbal extracts that are highly effective on acne as well as acne scars.
A steady skincare routine is very vital in beating acne. It is important to treat acne the right way and be patient with the whole process. However, if the acne still persists, you can always consult a medical professional for further help.